MDL League Tables – MDL Match Results – MDL Match Fixtures
Meath & District League Introduction
The Meath & District League was founded to provided a structured league system for all football clubs based in Meath and surrounding areas. Currently the MDL has clubs form counties Meath, Cavan, Louth, and Monaghan.
Meath & District League Notices
Annual General Meeting – Club Motions for AGM on 1st June
A total of fifteen motions have been submitted to date for consideration at the Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 1st June in the Ardboyne Hotel Navan starting at 8pm. The one that will probably receive most attention is for the fourth time in twelve seasons a proposal to change the duration of the playing Season to somewhat in line with the League of Ireland.
Two years ago it narrowly failed to gain the requird two thirds majority by only two votes after an intensive campaign of lobbying. It is unlikely to get close to that level this time around as the same level of background work does not appeared to have taken place to date.
1 Season to start on the 1st of April and to end on the 31st of October (8 months playing league). Possibility of a two week summer break.
2 League season to start 1 week earlier. Two league games to be played in this week, thus allowing for a two week winter break to be taken when necessary
3. In the event where a team are found guilty of playing an ineligible player not only do they lose the points for the match in question but they are also deducted a further 6 points.
5 In the event where a player is caught playing in a match for a team other than his own, ie. is ineligible to play in the match, he is given a 3 match ban. (His true identity is to be given by the club who have illegally played him in the match).
6. Players signing with more than one club, before playing, would have to
7. Affiliation fees for first teams to increase to €400, and for second teams to €300
8. In order to assist the MDL Committee in making random spot checks on player eligibility. Each Club must nominate one responsible official who, if called upon would make themselves available to apply a spot check if requested to do so. No designated official would be called upon more than once in any given season to carry out the task on behalf of the MDL
9 We would like to propose that each registered player in the MDL must sign their name and accompany this with a passport photo id at the start of the season on the player registration card. This to be held on file by the registrar.
10. Revert back to the old rule regarding promotion and relegation, teams that finish 1st and 2nd in their division are automatically promoted Teams that finish last and 2nd from bottom are automatically relegated. This rule to apply to all divisions including reserve divisions.
11 We strongly propose the league introduce a new type match card, which would
12 All pitches to be inspected before season starts and then regular spot checks to be carried out throughout the season.
13 We further propose that the league Committie consider electing a newassistant Registrar, to assist with what is a huge task overall, which would include up to date list of bookings, suspensions, etc. and perhaps in time the development of a new data base for all registered players within league, to included photo I.D, signatures, etc.
14 The new season would be to begin the League as normal in early to mid August with the two rounds, or so of the shields, one Sunday & one midweek, as this year and then begin the league a week later. The league is to continue as normal up to mid December (w/e 19th this year) and then we close for a period not exceeding six weeks. The period of the close down, which divisions and competitions should be suspended, will depend of the progress to date of all concerned.
15 In certain circumstances that may arise from time to time. The Committee reserve the right to deviate away from whatever criteria is in place for promotion/relegation to solve an issue with a particular Division that may not be in line with the format of the majority of divisions in place. In such instances the format must be made known to effected teams prior to the start of the season.
Meath & District League Details
Meath & District League Soccer Clubs
Meath & District League Tables
Meath & District League Match Results – Meath & District League Match Fixtures
Irish Soccer Leagues
|AFL – Amateur Football League
AUL – Athletic Union League
Carlow & District Football League
DDSL – Dublin and District Schoolboy League
Inishowen Football League
Kildare & District Underage League
Limerick Desmond League
|Meath & District League
NDSL – North Dublin Schoolboys / Girls League
SDFL – South Dublin Football League
Munster Soccer Leagues
West Cork Schoolboys Football League
Wexford Football League